by Julie Shaw, Debbie Martin
Canine and Feline Behavior for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses provides the veterinary technician with a solid foundation in behavioral medicine. Designed as a daily resource for interacting with and educating pet owners, the book familiarizes readers with the behavioral, mental, and emotional needs of dogs and cats. Canine and Feline Behavior for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses offers a complete guide to the technician’s role in behavioral preventive services and how to assist the veterinarian with behavioral intervention.
Covering the roles of animal behavior professionals, normal development of dogs and cats, and the human-animal bond, the book includes correlations from human mental health care throughout. The book encompasses learning theory, preventive behavioral services, standardized behavior modification terms and techniques, and veterinary behavior pharmacology. Canine and Feline Behavior for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses is an essential resource for veterinary technicians to realize their full potential and become a pivotal component of the behavioral health care team for canine and feline patients.
- Equips veterinary technicians with a thorough grounding in behavioral medicine to help them better understand and care for their patients
- Presents practical information for managing canine and feline behavior cases
- Focuses on the technician’s central role in behavior medicine, emphasizing opportunities for coordinating and assisting the behavioral health care team to ensure that it is effective and efficient
- Offers advice on effective client communication to better educate pet owners and assist the veterinarian with behavioral intervention
- Provides a full understanding of the behavioral, mental, and emotional needs of canine and feline patients
- Includes access to a companion website offering forms, handouts, review questions, and the images from the book for download at www.wiley.com/go/shaw/behavior
File size: 8.7 MB
Password (If Needed): vetbooks.ir