by Linda P. Case, Leighann Daristotle, Michael G. Hayek, Melody Foess Raasch
How well can you answer pet owners’ questions about proper diet and feeding? Canine and Feline Nutrition, 3rd Edition describes the role of nutrition and its effects upon health and wellness and the dietary management of various disorders of dogs and cats. By using the book’s cutting-edge research and clinical nutrition information, you’ll be able to make recommendations of appropriate pet food and proper feeding guidelines. Pet nutrition experts Linda P. Case, MS, Leighann Daristotle, DVM, PhD, Michael G. Hayek, PhD, and Melody Foess Raasch, DVM, provide complete, head-to-tail coverage and a broad scope of knowledge, so you can help dog and cat owners make sound nutrition and feeding choices to promote their pets’ health to prolong their lives.
- Tables and boxes provide quick reference to the most important clinical information.
- Key points summarize essential information at a glance.
- A useful Nutritional Myths and Feeding Practices chapter dispels and corrects common food myths.
- New clinical information covers a wide range of emerging nutrition topics including the role of the omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acid families in pet health and disease management.
- Coverage of pet food safety and pet food ingredients includes both commercially and home-prepared foods and provides answers to pet owners’ questions on these topics.
- Completely updated content reflects the latest findings in clinical nutrition research.
- Information regarding functional ingredients and dietary supplementation provides a scientifically based rationale for recommending or advising against dietary supplements.
- Guidelines for understanding pet food formulations and health claims differentiate between “market-speak” and actual clinical benefits for patients, with practice advice for evaluating and selecting appropriate foods.
File size: 9.1 MB
Password (If Needed): vetbooks.ir