Clinical Small Animal Care: Promoting Patient Health through Preventative Nursing
by Kimm Wuestenberg
Clinical Small Animal Care: Promoting Patient Health through Preventative Nursing is an introduction to the principles of day-to-day veterinary practice, with coverage ranging from the initial assessment, fluid therapy monitoring, and perioperative management to care of animals with specific diseases. The book offers concrete guidance on best practices for promoting patient health in veterinary care, emphasizing specific techniques to prevent complications before they happen. A practical, clinically relevant resource for veterinary technicians, Clinical Small Animal Care provides step-by-step descriptions of the core tasks associated with examining, nursing, and monitoring small animal patients.
Taking a hands-on approach to the fundamentals of clinical practice, the book gives specific advice for how to perform tasks associated with patient care. Chapters begin with basic information on topics such as husbandry and nutrition, then move into more specialized information on applied nursing and the care of tubes and catheters. The final section presents information on caring for animals with a variety of conditions organized by body system. Clinical Small Animal Care: Promoting Patient Health through Preventative Nursing offers veterinary technicians and nurses with achievable steps for improving health in their small animal patients.
- Provides practical how-to guidance on performing tasks associated with veterinary care
- Focuses on avoiding complications, ensuring that the treatment doesn’t introduce new health issues
- Offers step-by-step descriptions of the basic skills required of veterinary technicians and assistants
- Gives hands-on, clinically relevant information for assessing, treating, and monitoring small animal patients
- Covers topics ranging from basic hygiene and feeding to perioperative management and hospice care
- Includes access to a companion website with images available for download and editable forms at www.wiley.com/go/wuestenberg
File size: 33.7 MB
Password (If Needed): vetbooks.ir