by Kurt A. Grimm, William J. Tranquilli, Leigh A. Lamont
Essentials of Small Animal Anesthesia and Analgesia, Second Edition presents the fundamentals of managing small animal anesthesia patients in a clinically relevant, accessible manual. The bulk of the book is distilled from Lumb and Jones’ Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia to provide authoritative information in a quick-reference format, with references to Lumb and Jones’ throughout for easy access to further detail. Logically reorganized with an easy-to-use structure and an increased focus on pain management, this new edition features new chapters on equipment and managing specific conditions.
The Second Edition has been updated to reflect current practices in anesthesia and analgesia, and a new companion website offers review questions and answers, video clips, and an image bank with additional figures not found in the printed book. Essentials of Small Animal Anesthesia and Analgesia, Second Edition provides veterinary care providers and students with key information on anesthetic and analgesic pharmacology, physiology, patient assessment, and clinical case management.
- Practical, user-friendly distillation of Lumb and Jones’ Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia
- Combines the authority of Lumb and Jones’ with the accessibility of a quick-reference manual
- Allows readers to easily delve deeper into the subject matter by referencing information to Lumb and Jones’
- Offers new chapters on equipment and management of patients with specific conditions
- Fully revised throughout, with updated chapters and an increased focus on pain management
- Includes access to a companion website with review questions, videos, and an image bank at www.wiley.com/go/grimm
- The book has been restructured from the previous edition, with many chapters reworked.
- The first-edition chapter on anesthesia management of patients with disease has been replaced by seven new chapters on anesthesia for patients with specific disease written specifically for this book.
- Offers an increased focus on pain management.
- The first edition was presented entirely in outline format, but the second is written in a narrative (but still accessible) format.
- Now includes a companion website with review questions and answers; additional figures and video from the authors’ (very well known) Made Easy book with Teton New Media may also be included.
- New editors Kurt Grimm and Leigh Lamont
- Information on non-mammal exotics has been removed since these are significantly different and the previous edition coverage didn’t do them justice
- Information on euthanasia has been removed (in line with Lumb and Jones) because this is too complex of a subject for a single chapter
File size: 7.7 MB