Farm Animal Anesthesia: Cattle, Small Ruminants, Camelids, and Pigs
by HuiChu Lin, Paul Walz
Farm Animal Anesthesia: Cattle, Small Ruminants, Camelids, and Pigs presents practical guidance on using anesthetic and analgesic drugs to prevent pain caused by surgery or disease. This cohesive resource offers complete coverage of anesthetics and anesthetic techniques in farm animals with a focus on practical applications. Providing thorough information on pain management and residues, the book also covers specific techniques for common surgical procedures and considerations for animals with pathophysiological conditions.
The book includes chapters on preanesthetic considerations, anesthetic drugs, chemical restraint and standing sedation, injectable anesthesia, inhalant anesthesia, local techniques, specific procedures, pain management, residues, and euthanasia. Farm Animal Anesthesia is a useful guide for farm animal practitioners, veterinary students, and researchers working with these species.
- Offers complete coverage of practical uses for anesthetics and analgesics in cattle, small ruminants, camelids, and pigs
- Brings information on sedation and pain management in these species together into a single resource
- Presents difficult-to-find information on anesthetizing camelids and pigs
- Includes information on pain management and residues
- Provides a comprehensive reference for farm animal practitioners, veterinary students, and researchers
File size: 8.6 MB
Password (If Needed): vetbooks.ir