by Ajit Kumar Santra
Ever since the introduction of wildlife in the academic curriculum of veterinary science, there has been an avid interest about the wildlife among the student community. Simultaneously, it has exp\anded the horizon of employment have been restricted their activites to the health care of wild and zoo animals, the need of the hour, however, is to expand their involvements in ohter branches of wildlife scinece. In fact, they should play a cohesive role in the gamut of wildlife including wildlife biology, conservation and man-animal conflict. Therefore, there is a need of through understanding of the subject in the present perpetives.
However, lokking at the science wildlife so vast and varied in nature, it is a herculean task for an author to incorporate entire aspect within limited pages of a book. Therefore, an effort has been made to incorpoarte the information on wildlife in such a way so that it serves the purpose of wide readership. This book is an out come of more than ten years rigorous work on collection of information on wildlife. The different chapters have been carefully selected in order to meet the requirement of graduate students of Indian universities.
I. General Wildlife:
1. Wildlife and Its Importance.
2. Definitions and Concepts of Some Terminologies Related to Wildlife.
3. Zoogeographical Regions and Wildlife Distribution in India.
4. Biodiversity and Sustainable Development.
5. Wildlife Conservation and Conflict.
6. Protected Areas, Biosphere Reserves and Wetlands.
7. Forest and Wildlife.
8. Organizations and Institutions Involved in Wildlife Conservation.
9. Zoos and Their Management.
10. Wildlife Trade and Legislation.
II. Wildlife Biology:
11. Zoological Classification of Mammals, Reptiles, Amphibians and Birds.
12. Salient Features of Selected Wild Mammals.
13. Salient Features of Selected Wild Reptiles.
14. Salient Features of Selected Wild Birds.
III. Feeds and Feeding, Restraint, Housing and Management, and Health Care:
15. Feeds and Feeding of Wild and Zoo Mammals.
16. Feeds and Feeding of Wild and Zoo Reptiles.
17. Feeds and Feeding of Wild and Zoo Birds.
18. Restraint, Housing and Management of Wild and Zoo Mammals.
19. Restraint, Housing and Management of Wild and Zoo Reptiles.
20. Restraint, Housing and Management of Wild and Zoo Birds.
21. Health Care of Wild and Zoo Mammals.
22. Health Care of Wild and Zoo Reptiles.
23. Health Care of Wild and Zoo Birds.
File size: 25.3 MB
Password (If Needed): vetbooks.ir