Laser Surgery in Veterinary Medicine
by Christopher J. Winkler
This book is a state-of-the-art reference to using surgical lasers to treat animal patients. Encompassing theory and practice, it emphasizes procedures, techniques, and equipment, with specific recommendations for laser settings. While most of the procedures emphasize surgeries on dogs and cats, this practical guide also dedicates chapters to equine, small mammal, avian, aquatic animal, and reptile surgeries, making it an excellent clinical reference for any busy veterinarian.
The book begins with background information on the theory and science of laser surgery, then details specific surgical procedures with step-by-step instructions and accompanying photographs. The next section provides practical guidance for incorporating lasers into the veterinary practice, and the final section offers a look at the future of lasers in veterinary medicine and surgery. A companion website features video clips of surgery procedures.
- Presents a state-of-the-art guide to using laser surgery in veterinary practice, from theory and procedures to techniques and equipment
- Focuses on dogs and cats, including specialties such as ophthalmic laser surgery, laser neurosurgery, and photodynamic therapy, with chapters on equine, small mammal, avian, aquatic animal, and reptile surgeries
- Draws on the experience of more than 20 experts in various areas
- Provides practical advice for incorporating laser surgery into the veterinary practice, with the heart of the book devoted to specific surgical procedures
- Includes specific recommendations for laser settings and techniques for the procedures discussed
- Offers video clips demonstrating surgical techniques on a companion website
Laser Surgery in Veterinary Medicine is an essential resource for anyone using surgical lasers in veterinary medicine, including veterinary students, practitioners, and specialists.PDF 30.1 MB Password: vetbooks.ir Help