Written by veterinary technicians for veterinary students and practicing technicians, Lavin’s Radiography for Veterinary Technicians, 5th Edition, combines all the aspects of imaging – including production, positioning, and evaluation of radiographs -into one comprehensive text. Completely updated with all new vivid, color equipment photos, positioning drawings and detailed anatomy drawings, this fifth edition is a valuable resource for students, technicians and veterinarians who need information on the latest technology or unique positioning.
- Broad coverage of radiologic science, physics, imaging and protection provide you with foundations for good technique.
- Positioning photos, radiographic images and anatomical drawings presented side-by-side with text explanation for each procedure increases your comprehension and retention.
- Objectives, key terms, outlines, chapter introductions and key points help you organize information to ensure you understand what is most important in every chapter.
- NEW! More than 1000 new full-color photos and updated radiographic images visually demonstrate the relationship between anatomy and positioning.
- NEW! All-new color anatomy art created by an expert medical illustrator help you to recognize and avoid making imaging mistakes.
- NEW! Non-Manual restraint techniques including sandbags, tape, rope, sponges, sedation and combinations improve your safety and radiation protection.
- NEW! Chapter on dental radiography aids general veterinarian techs and those specializing in dentistry.
- NEW! Increased emphasis on digital radiography, including quality factors and post-processing, keeps you up-to-date on the most recent developments in digital technology.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Section 1: The Technical Side of Imaging
1. Basic Concepts
2. The Atom and Radioactivity
3. Electrostatics and Energy, Magnetism and Electricity
4. Diagnostic X-ray Production
Section 2: The Application of X-rays and the Presentation of the Image
5. Imaging on Film
6. Producing the Image
7. Processing the Image
8. Optimizing the Image
9. Computerized and Digital Imaging
Section 3: X-Ray Imaging
10. Dental Imaging
11. Computerized Tomography
Section 4: Non X-Ray Imaging
14. Magnetic Resonance Imaging
15. Nuclear Medicine
Section 5: Radiobiology and Radiation Protection
16. How X-rays Affect Cells; Radiation Protection
Part 2: Radiographic Positioning and Related Anatomy
17. Overview of Positioning
18. Small Animal Abdomen
19. Small Animal Thorax
20. Small Animal Forelimb
21. Small Animal Pelvis and Pelvic Limb
22. Small Animal Spine
23. Small Animal Skull
24. Dental Radiography
25. Special Procedures
26. Large Animal Radiography
27. Avian and Exotic Radiography
File size: 133.5 MB