Easy to adapt for almost any microbiology lab course, this versatile, comprehensive, and clearly written manual is competitively priced and can be paired with any undergraduate microbiology text. Known for its thorough coverage, straightforward procedures, and minimal equipment requirements, the Eleventh Edition incorporates current safety protocols from governing bodies such as the EPA, ASM, and AOAC. The new edition also includes alternate organisms for experiments for easy customisation in Biosafety Level 1 and 2 labs. New lab exercises have been added on Food Safety and revised experiments, and include options for alternate media, making the experiments affordable and accessible to all lab programs. Ample introductory material, engaging clinical applications, and laboratory safety instructions are provided for each experiment along with easy-to-follow procedures and flexible lab reports with review and critical thinking questions.
- A new experiment on the Propagation of Isolated Bacteriophage Cultures has been added to the Eleventh Edition. This experiment (39) guides students to isolate bacteriophages for genetic manipulation. The genetic manipulation of bacteriophages is an important technique in current clinical research as a possible way to treat antibiotic-resistant bacterial infections.
- Biosafety Levels (BSLs) have been added to the Eleventh Edition to alert students to appropriate safety techniques. The organisms within this book are mostly BSL-1 with some optional BSL-2 organisms. The Eleventh Edition also reflects the most up to date safety protocols from governing bodies such as the EPA, ASM, and AOAC, better preparing students for professional lab work.
- Tips for Success appear in select experiments and draw attention to common mistakes and stumbling blocks in the lab. Each tip explains why specific techniques are necessary to yield accurate results, helping guide students on crucial procedural steps and maximizing the available lab media and time.
- Revised experiments include options for alternate media, making the experiments affordable and accessible to all sizes of lab programs. Experiment 60 has been revised to focus on the normal microbiota of human skin and the importance of hand washing.
- Easy-to-adapt Lab Reports include blank spaces or options for “alternate organisms” for easy customization with organisms that are readily available.
File size: 17 MB
Password (If Needed): vetbooks.ir