by Friderun Ankel-Simons
This book is unlike ay other work on primates: it systematically reviews the biology of all living primates, including humans. It describes their bio-geographical information and provides crucial data pertaining to their body size, fur coloration external distinguishing features, habitat and basic life strategies.
Now in its third edition, Primate Anatomy discusses species that are new to science since the last edition with details concerning anatomical features among primates that were re-discovered. New research in molecular primatology is also included due to recent relevant findings in molecular biology in accordance with new technology. The basics of biological taxonomy are introduced, along with photographs of all major groups. Important new and controversal issues make this edition key for every primatologists, anthropologist, and anatomist.
- Offers up-to-date reviews of molecular primatology and primate genomics
- Concentrates on living primates and their overall biology
- Discusses the genetic connection of function where known
- Introduces primate genomics for the first time in a textbook
- Provides instructive and comprehensive review tables
- Includes many unique, novel and easily understandable illustrations
File size: 21.6 MB
Password (If Needed): vetbooks.ir