Shelter Medicine for Veterinarians and Staff, 2nd Edition
by Lila Miller, Stephen Zawistowski
Shelter Medicine for Veterinarians and Staff, Second Edition is the premier reference on shelter medicine. Divided into sections on management, species-specific animal husbandry, infectious disease, animal cruelty, shelter programs, behavior, and spay/neuter, the new edition has been reformatted in a more user-friendly design with briefer chapters and information cross-referenced between chapters. Maintaining a herd health approach, new and expanded chapters address issues of husbandry, infectious disease management, behavior forensics, population management, forensic toxicology, animal cruelty and hoarding, enrichment in shelters, spay/neuter, and shelter design.
Now in full color, this fully updated new edition delivers a vast array of knowledge necessary to provide appropriate and humane care for shelter animals. Veterinarians, veterinary technicians and shelter professionals will find this to be the go-to resource on the unique aspects of shelter medicine that help facilitate operating a modern, efficient, and humane shelter.
- Features expanded husbandry coverage to include cats in depth and small mammals
- Presents new treatment and control guidelines for infectious diseases
- Offers a full color, user-friendly design with information cross-referenced between chapters
- Maintains a herd health approach
- Provides updated and expanded coverage of animal cruelty, including new laws, animal hoarding, forensics, and toxicology
- Includes new information on shelter design, sanitation, and spay/neuter techniques and programs
File size: 54 MB