by Deborah Silverstein, Kate Hopper
Emphasizing evidence-based therapy for critically ill or injured dogs and cats, Small Animal Critical Care Medicine, 2nd Edition puts diagnostic and management strategies for common disorders at your fingertips. It covers critical care medical therapy, monitoring, and prognosis ― from triage and stabilization through the entire course of acute medical crisis and intensive care treatment. To make therapeutic decisions easier, clear guidelines address underlying clinical findings, pathophysiology, outpatient follow-up, and long-term care. From lead editors Deborah Silverstein and Kate Hopper, along with a Who’s Who of experts from the veterinary emergency and critical care world, this comprehensive reference helps you provide the highest standard of care for ICU patients.
- Over 200 concise chapters are thoroughly updated to cover all of the clinical areas needed for evaluating, diagnosing, managing, and monitoring a critical veterinary patient.
- More than 150 recognized experts offer in-depth, authoritative guidance on emergency and critical care clinical situations from a variety of perspectives.
- A problem-based approach focuses on clinically relevant details.
- Practical, user-friendly format makes reference quick and easy with summary tables, boxes highlighting key points, illustrations, and algorithmic approaches to diagnosis and management.
- Hundreds of full-color illustrations depict various emergency procedures such as chest tube placement.
- Appendices offer quick access to the most often needed calculations, conversion tables, continuous rate infusion determinations, reference ranges, and more.
- All-NEW chapters include Minimally Invasive Diagnostics and Therapy, T-FAST and A-FAST, Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (SIRS), Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome (MODS), Sepsis, Physical Therapy Techniques, ICU Design and Management, and Communication Skills and Grief Counseling.
- NEW! Coverage of basic and advanced mechanical ventilation helps you in deliver high-quality care to patients with respiratory failure.
- NEW! Coverage of increasingly prevalent problems seen in the Intensive Care Unit includes multidrug-resistant bacterial infections and coagulation disorders.
- NEW chapters on fluid therapy and transfusion therapy provide information on how to prevent complications and maximize resources.
- UPDATED coagulation section includes chapters on hypercoagulability, platelet function and testing, anticoagulant therapy, and hemostatic drugs.
File size: 73.6 MB
Password (If Needed): vetbooks.ir