Small Animal Endoscopy, 3rd Edition
by Todd R. Tams, Clarence A. Rawlings
The latest edition of the critically acclaimed Small Animal Endoscopy presents informative, practical, and up-to-date guidance on endoscopic indications, instrumentation, patient preparation, and techniques. Todd R. Tams and Clarence A. Rawlings, the foremost experts in veterinary endoscopy, provide the novice as well as the advanced practitioner with the information needed to deliver the safest, high-quality endoscopic services for small animals, including avian and exotics. Chapters are organized consistently and lavishly illustrated to help you easily find and understand key concepts and procedures. This edition includes a companion website with expert demonstrations of techniques.
- Enables you to deliver the safest, high quality care and a wider range of services to the pets of increasingly concerned and savvy owners.
- Features cutting-edge information on minimally invasive procedures to improve diagnostic accuracy, reduce operating time, improve success, minimize post-operative stress and pain, and promote faster healing.
- Helps you recognize the many indications for endoscopy in everyday practice.
- Covers a vast range of topics in a clear, concise and readable style.
- Describes instrumentation, examination, and sample procurement techniques in detail.
- Shows both normal and abnormal findings you may encounter during a procedure in an atlas of images in relevant chapters.
- Provides minimally invasive examination and surgical options for veterinarians treating uniquely sensitive avian and exotic patients.
- Provides step-by-step instructions on specific techniques.
- Helps beginners master endoscopic diagnosis and treatment and more experienced endoscopists utilize their endoscopic equipment to its fullest capacity.
- Expanded content on the use of rigid endoscopy helps you perform the most current minimally invasive surgical procedures.
- A new coeditor, Dr. Clarence Rawlings, shares his expertise in rigid endoscopy for diagnostic and surgical procedures and his extensive knowledge of endosurgery.
- Consistent chapter organization includes sections on indications, instrumentation, patient preparation, and restraint, in addition to details of the procedures themselves.
- Over 1,000 color images depict normal and abnormal anatomical features, as well as numerous tables and diagrammatic representations.
- Required or recommended instrumentation
- Instructions on how to care for, clean, and store endoscopic instruments
- Pre-endoscopic procedures, including patient preparation, equipment set-up, and positioning of personnel
- Instructions on how to correctly hold and manipulate both flexible and rigid endoscopes
- Post-endoscopic procedures, including patient recovery and proper submission of tissue samples
- Information on how to incorporate flexible and rigid endoscopy into a veterinary practice using specific marketing skills and appropriate personnel training
- A bonus website takes understanding to the next level with videos of: – Cystoscope placement technique, normal cystoscopy, and calculi removal – How to perform a normal examination – 12 different clinical endoscopic procedures, including intraoperative uretheroscopy, laparoscopic-assisted cystoscopy, laser correction of an ectopic ureter, and more – Many patient cases are showcased, with each case presenting a patient’s complaint, diagnostic studies used for assessment, the endoscopic procedure enlisted, surgical treatment, and case follow-up. The benefits of using endoscopy are discussed in each case.
File size: 123.7 MB
Password (If Needed): vetbooks.ir