Spanish for Veterinarians: A Practical Introduction, 2nd Edition
by Bonnie Frederick, Juan Mosqueda
Spanish for Veterinarians, Second Edition, is designed to help you rapidly learn working Spanish for clinical conversations. Packed with the practical vocabulary information and conversational tools found in the first edition, the new edition now includes a new chapter on exotics and expanded information on the Spanish required for pre-consultation discussion. The pronunciation exercises, available online as audio files to help veterinary team members effectively and confidently use Spanish in their client communications, have also been revised and expanded. This new edition is a lively presentation of the Spanish that working vets increasingly need to know.
- A pronunciation guide and explanations of how to conjugate verbs.
- Ample vocabulary lists for animals, body parts, and diseases.
- Discussions on the role of animals in Hispanic culture and on how to handle introductions and small talk.
- Vocabulary for obtaining information for the clinical history and the diagnostic exam.
- Chapters on specific animals, including a new chapter on exotics.
- Vocabulary for check-in forms.
- An English-to-Spanish and Spanish-to-English dictionary of practical veterinary terms alphabetized together.
File size: 0.5 MB