by Stephen Ettinger, Edward Feldman and Etienne Cote
Ensure you have ongoing access to the most reliable veterinary information available! The Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 8th Edition remains the internationally acclaimed “gold standard” in veterinary medicine with its unparalleled coverage of pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases affecting dogs and cats. This one-of-a-kind resource includes the latest information on topical issues such as clinical genomics, coexisting cardiac and renal diseases, minimally-invasive interventional procedures, distinguishing behavioral disorders from neurologic disease, feeding tube placement, evidence-based medicine, differentiating intoxications from nontoxicological illness, and so much more. Plus, it offers a select library of 517 expert clinical videos that enable you to stop, rewind, and watch as many times as you need in order to understand the characteristic clinical sign, clinical procedure, or diagnostic imaging series. This all-new edition also combines the open-page access of a two-volume printed textbook with the enhanced functionality of an Expert Consult website – letting you search and find more efficiently. It’s the surefire way to stay at the forefront of veterinary care!
- Fully searchable online text provides fast, easy access to the most reliable information in the field. Additional online features include references linked directly to PubMed, client information sheets, and dozens of supplementary figures, tables, algorithms, and boxes.
- Complete library of 500+ original clinical videos demonstrates physical signs, procedures, and management approaches.
- Hundreds of diagnostic and procedural video clips vividly demonstrate veterinary procedures and signs of common diseases and disorders that might be difficult to diagnose from descriptions alone.
- 256 client information sheets offer additional resources as concise, professional, laypersons’ handouts to enhance communication with clients.
- 214 clinical algorithms aid in disease identification and decision making.
- Exclusive access to Expert Consult Online website allows the full text to be accessed on a desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone, with full search capability. The online consult also houses the full library of video clips, algorithms, images, heart and lung sounds, and client information sheets.
- NEW! A complete section on minimally-invasive interventional procedures includes techniques for treating respiratory, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, urologic/nephrologic, and neoplastic disorders.
- NEW! 17 new chapters cover the major clinicopathologic abnormalities that occur in canine and feline laboratory testing.
- NEW! A complete section on management of mutually-antagonistic comorbidities includes concurrent cardiac and renal disease, concurrent infection in patients requiring immunosuppression, and concurrent diabetes mellitus and corticosteroid-dependent disease.