The Laboratory Nonhuman Primate, 2nd Edition
by Jeffrey D. Fortman, Terry A. Hewett, Lisa C. Halliday
Extensively updated to include current literature, The Laboratory Nonhuman Primate, Second Edition, continues to serve as a quick reference source for technicians, caretakers, veterinarians, researchers, and students working with primates in biomedical research. It provides details on basic husbandry and covers biologic characteristics, regulatory compliance, common diseases, and anesthetic management.
The text gives easy-to-follow descriptions of basic technical procedures including restraint, intubation, tuberculin skin testing, and collection of blood and urine samples. It also reviews advanced sampling procedures including collection of bone marrow, cerebrospinal fluid, bronchoalveolar lavage fluid, and rectal mucosal biopsy. The Laboratory Nonhuman Primate presents information in a clear, concise format to allow readers to incorporate concepts and techniques into the standard operating procedures of a facility.
- Contains 28 updated tables designed as quick, easy-to-use references for New and Old World species
- Provides over 100 photographs and illustrations, most now in color, depicting aspects of nonhuman primate biology, behavior, management practices, diseases, and technical procedures
- Gives a concise overview of regulatory considerations for the use of nonhuman primates in biomedical research
- Expands the Veterinary Care chapter to include new sections on nutritional support, behavioral conditions, dental care, and updated information on anesthetic and analgesic drugs
- Presents step-by-step descriptions of common and advanced sampling techniques
- Includes extensive resource lists for vendors of animals, feed, sanitation supplies, caging, anesthetic equipment, and veterinary and research supplies
File size: 5.6 MB
Password (If Needed): vetbooks.ir