Veterinary Forensic Pathology: Volume 1 and 2
by Jason W Brooks
This richly illustrated two-volume book offers a comprehensive and essential reference guide for veterinary pathologists and clinical veterinarians interested in performing animal necropsies for forensic casework. It presents a broad range of animal crime cases, with particular focus on the post mortem examination and the observed pathology.
This first volume introduces readers to veterinary forensics and the role of the veterinary pathologist in animal crime investigations. It guides them through the process of evidence collection and documentation, and covers the fundamentals of forensic necropsy and the estimation of time since death. In-depth descriptions of how to conduct the forensic evaluation of various traumatic injuries, firearm injuries, and asphyxia are also provided.
- Introduces the reader to animal forensics and teaches the fundamentals of forensic autopsy
- Provides practical advice for performing animal crime investigations
- Illustrated with numerous high-quality color photographs
This second volume guides readers through the forensic evaluation of animal deaths caused by drowning, fire, electrical, and environmental injuries, poisoning, animal fighting, neglect, and sexual abuse. In addition, it offers practical advice on evaluating anesthesia-related deaths, age estimation, and how to write the necropsy report.
- In-depth guides on how to examine animal death caused by injuries, neglect and intentional animal abuse
- Teaches on how to write an autopsy report
- Must-have reference for veterinary pathologists
File size: 23.2 MB
Password (If Needed): vetbooks.ir