Veterinary Forensics: Animal Cruelty Investigations, 2nd Edition
by Melinda D. Merck
Veterinary Forensics, Second Edition is a practical reference on applying veterinary forensic findings in animal cruelty cases. Now providing a greater focus on findings in animals, the second edition continues to offer guidance with more detailed information on crime scene investigation, forensic testing and findings, handling evidence, and testifying in court. Key changes to the new edition include new chapters on abuse in large animals, poultry, and birds; a standalone chapter on entomology; a new section on large scale cruelty investigation; an expanded section on pain and suffering; more pathology information; and more photos, forms, and information throughout.
Logs and workbooks from the book are available on a companion website at www.wiley.com/go/vetforensics, allowing readers to download, customize, and use these forms in forensics investigations. Veterinary Forensics is an essential resource for veterinarians, pathologists, attorneys, and investigators working on animal abuse cases.
- Provides detailed, clear direction on managing animal abuse cases, from crime scene investigation and forensic testing to compiling evidence and testifying in court
- Concentrates more fully on findings in cases of animal abuse and offers more pathology information throughout
- Offers new chapters on abuse in horses and other large animals, abuse in poultry and pet birds, and testifying and reporting as an expert witness
- Provides updated and expanded information in each chapter, including current research findings
- Includes access to a companion website with forms and checklists to download and use in forensics investigations at www.wiley.com/go/vetforensics
File size: 12 MB
Password (If Needed): vetbooks.ir