Equine Science, 3rd Edition
by Zoe Davies
From genetics to functional anatomy, cell biology to the equine digestive system, Equine Science, Third Edition covers all the essential scientific knowledge you need for your equine programme. Thoroughly updated, this new edition features a clear, systematic presentation, stunning full-colour photographs and illustrations, chapter summary points and self-assessment questions throughout.
- Describes the structure and function of the various body systems of the horse
- Explains the scientific rationale behind modern equine training practices
- Features new chapters on exercise physiology and the evolution of the horse
- Reflects the latest scientific advances and changes in the student curriculum
- Includes new information on circadian rhythms and sleep patterns, the immune system, and hindgut microbiology.
A powerful teaching and learning aid, Equine Science, Third Edition is an essential text for students on higher education equine studies and equine science programmes, as well as those studying for BHS qualifications up to BHSII Stage 4 Horse Knowledge and Care.PDF 63.9 MB Password: vetbooks.ir Help