Fundamentals of Small Animal Surgery
by Fred Anthony Mann, Gheorghe M. Constantinescu, Hun-Young Yoon
Fundamentals of Small Animal Surgery offers a thorough introduction to the surgical principles essential to good veterinary practice. With many high-quality pencil drawings and clinical photographs to complement the detailed descriptions, the book is a useful resource for building basic surgery skills. Fundamentals of Small Animal Surgery is designed to provide a grounding in the foundations of veterinary surgical practice and an understanding of the practical application of surgical techniques.
Covering topics ranging from assessment and surgical pack preparation to aseptic technique and postoperative pain management, the book is a valuable reference for surgical procedure training in veterinary or veterinary technician schools, and serves as a refresher for veterinarians and technicians in practice.
- Introduces the reader to the basics of veterinary surgical practice
- Includes many pencil drawings and clinical photographs to accompany the text
- Provides a useful resource for building basic surgery skills
- Covers key topics for surgical procedures such as positioning, draping, and instrument handling
- Serves as a valuable reference for gaining confidence in surgical procedures
- Offers detailed descriptions of common tube placement techniques and a comprehensively illustrated step-by-step canine ovariohysterectomy technique