Goat Medicine, 2nd Edition
by Mary C. Smith, David M. Sherman
Fully revised and expanded, Goat Medicine, Second Edition includes discussions on new diseases ranging from bovine spongiform encephalopathy to floppy kid disease as well as major updates on important diseases such as scrapie, mycoplasmosis, paratuberculosis, and urolithiasis. Information has also been added on management of transgenic goats and organic goat production. The text begins by outlining fundamentals of goat practice and moves on to sytems-based coverage of the goat. Each chapter provides clinical anatomy and physiology of every system alongside information on relevant clinical signs, differential diagnosis, and system-specific disease.
- Fully revised and expanded to include detailed discussions on new diseases and updates to key diseases impacting goats
- Outlines fundamentals of goat practice and moves on to systems-based coverage
- Each chapter provides clinical anatomy and physiology of each system alongside information on relevant clinical signs, differential diagnosis, and system-specific disease
- Additional key topics are covered separately, including subcutaneous swellings, wasting disease, nutrition, anesthesia, sudden death, mastitis and milk production, dehorning and descenting, caprine herd health, and preventative medicine
- Definitive one-stop reference for all goat health-related topics