Handbook of Small Animal Toxicology and Poisonings
by Shawn Messonnier, Roger W. Gfeller
This time-saving handbook provides practitioners with quick access to information on all aspects of toxicoses and poisonings of dogs and cats. Almost 100 categories of toxic agents are covered concisely yet thoroughly–providing all the necessary details for emergency treatment and follow-up care. This ready reference is divided into three main sections. Introductory material covers patient assessment and treatment techniques and is followed by information on over 100 toxic agents, including uses of the agent, common products containing the agent, mechanism of action, pathophysiology, clinical signs, diagnosis, and treatment. The third section contains information on more than 100 toxic plants, including common names, toxin, toxic part, signs, and treatment.
- Comprehensive coverage includes details on the toxicology of almost 100 categories of agents.
- Features detailed diagnostic and treatment information.
- Concise discussions guide patient assessment and management.
- Well-organized so information is easy to find.
- Text is enhanced with appealing graphics to aid understanding.
- Handy pocket size and flexible binding for ease of use.