Handbook of Veterinary Communication Skills
by Carol Gray, Jenny Moffett
This is the first definitive textbook on veterinary communication, written specifically for students and veterinary professionals by a group of international experts. Communication is a core clinical skill, and is now taught as a compulsory part of most veterinary degree courses. Good communication is crucial to the veterinarian-client-patient relationship, to patient health and ultimately to the success of any veterinary business.
The book covers all the key areas of communication including: the basic framework for the veterinary consultation; professional, ethical and legal aspects; communication with clients and colleagues; and coping with end-of-life and other difficult situations. It combines the most up-to-date research with a wealth of practical information, such as:
- Real-life case studies to help you apply your learning to real scenarios
- Simple step-by-step guidelines showing you how to deal with specific situations
- Examples of written resources you can use in practice
This valuable textbook has been written and edited by a carefully chosen group of specialists, comprising veterinary communication lecturers, veterinary practitioners, training managers and counsellors.
- The first definitive textbook on veterinary communication
- Covers all the key areas of communication
- Combines the most up-to-date research with a wealth of practical information
- Includes real-life case studies and simple step-by-step guidelines on specific situations
- Edited by a carefully chosen group of specialists, comprising veterinary communication lecturers, veterinary practitioners, training managers and counselors