Nutrition and Disease Management for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses, 2nd Edition
by Ann Wortinger, Kara Burns
Nutrition and Disease Management for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses, Second Edition offers a thorough update and significant expansion of this easy-to-use introduction to veterinary nutrition and diet, with broader species coverage, a new section on nutritional management of disease, and many new chapters.
- Provides a complete reference to veterinary nutrition, from the fundamentals to feeding companion animals of any age and health status
- Adds information on nutrition in birds, small mammals, and horses to the existing dog and cat coverage
- Presents a new section on managing disease through nutrition, with 10 new disease chapters
- Offers additional new chapters on nutritional calculations, types of pet foods, raw food diets, additives and preservatives, nutrition myths, nutritional support, and assisted feeding
- Includes access to a companion website with case studies, review questions and answers, and the figures from the book in PowerPoint