Veterinary Dentistry for the General Practitioner, 2nd Edition
by Cecilia Gorrel
The new edition of Veterinary Dentistry for the General Practitioner has been thoroughly revised and updated to ensure it continues to meet the needs of today’s veterinarians and veterinary students. The book offers all the theoretical knowledge and practical help any general practitioner needs in order to practise good dentistry, providing comprehensive and detailed knowledge of how to diagnose, prevent and treat common oral conditions in the dog and cat. It also presents information as to diagnosis and initial management of less common diseases, where the ultimate treatment will generally be performed by a specialist but the general practitioner needs to be able to identify a problem and have a basic understanding of the pathophysiology of the tissues involved. Dental conditions of lagomorphs and rodents are also covered.
In its new second edition Veterinary Dentistry for the General Practitioner remains the complete resource for the general veterinarian and unique in its detailed focus on common dental conditions.
- Concentrates on the most commonly encountered dental problems in small animal practice
- The author is a world authority on small animal dentistry and provides practical tips and unique insights on best practice
- Color photographs and high-quality illustrations make this an essential consulting room companion
- Highlights risks associated with various procedures
- Includes details of how to manage complications
- Includes the common diseases in the dog and cat, but also deals with dental disorders in lagomorphs and rodents, as these are becoming increasingly popular as pets