by William Muir, John Hubbell
All veterinary team members involved in the everyday care of horses that require anesthesia or special emergency care will benefit from this reliable and inclusive resource. This text provides all of the information needed to prepare, conduct, and monitor the administration of drugs in order to produce safe and effective anesthesia, treat pain, respond to adverse effects, and perform and monitor emergency and critical care treatment. It is the most comprehensive and detailed book available on these subjects, addressing the needs and concerns of practitioners in both hospital and field settings.
- Discusses all aspects of equine anesthesia, including history, physiology, pharmacology, drug dosages, patient preparation, induction-maintenance-recovery of anesthesia management of potential complications, and more.
- Provides a detailed review of the respiratory and cardiovascular physiology of the horse.
- Provides thorough coverage of preoperative pain management in horses.
- Covers emergency medical care and managing anesthetic complications in both hospital and field situations.
- Includes information on the latest anesthetic drugs, including safe and effective protocols for different procedures, and the most up-to-date monitoring techniques.
- Each contributor is a recognized expert in his or her respective equine specialty, renowned for clinical as well as academic and research expertise.
- A complete update of all drug information and pain management techniques.
- The very latest research findings and clinical applications of anesthetic agents and techniques.
- The most recent developments in post-anesthetic care and monitoring.
- A chapter on intravenous anesthetic and analgesic adjuncts to inhalation anesthesia.
- A chapter on anesthesia and analgesia for donkeys and mules.
- A chapter on perioperative pain management.
- Many new illustrations as well as tables, graphs, boxes, key points, and summaries that make information instantly accessible.
File size: 30.5 MB
Password (If Needed): vetbooks.ir